Monday, May 19, 2008

Found blood all over her blankets - scared me to death

Woke up at 6:00am to give Ava her meds and looked in on her before heading to the kitchen. I had to take a second look. Her face was covered with this gooey brownish looking stuff and it was all up in her hair and caked around her lips. Then I saw even more around her head on her blankets. My heart started beating really fast and I yelled for Kenny. He took one look at her and said, "It's blood." We called my Dad to come watch Aohdan, and headed to the ER. This was out first trip back since going home and I cried all the way there. At the ER they informed us that this is a common occurence with kids that have feeding tubes, it is called *Gastritis* and basically they said it happens when the tube site gets irritated and bleeds from the inside, then the child throws up the blood. Sorry for the graphic description:)           

No comments: