Monday, September 5, 2011

She's been so giggly lately!

Today at church I took Ava off the vent and onto her passy-muir speaking valve so I could hold and cuddle her without all the 'stuff' attached to her. As I was sitting there holding to her she kept throwing herself back and I was thinking she was uncomfortable or something. So I kept changing her position. But still she kept throwing herself backward.

Well once when changing her position I looked down and saw a big grin on her face. "She wants to play!" I thought to myself. I looked around and the whole church had their heads bowed in prayer. So I reached down and ran my fingers up her sides and tickled under her chin. "Hahahaha" Ava giggled loudly while throwing herself backward in my arms. I looked across the santuary and saw one of her other nurses (who now attends our church) and saw her looking my way and smiling. She had heard Ava giggle all the way across the room and was smiling. As I pulled Ava back up into a sitting position she swung her arm out in protest and tried to throw herself back again. "Ava we can't play right now" I whispered, smiling at her the whole time. Never did I ever think I would be scolding her, even if it was mildly.

Her antics did not stop at church either. When we arrived home I was making us dinner, and her nurse was in another room. All the sudden I heard a popping sound, followed quickly by the sound of her ventilator alarming that it had been disconnected. She was protesting being left by herself and quickly pulled her vent apart, knowing full well it would send one of us in there to check on her. She's one smart cookie!

No comments: