Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I wake up to Kenny listening to voice mails from well wishers. He just shook his head at the outpouring of love for our little girl. Pastor Bob and his wife, Debbie, had just left the hospital and were letting us know that they had prayed over Ava and commented on how beautiful she was. After spending the afternoon at the hospital with Ava, we stopped at Jennifer's to spend some time with Aohdan. it was sooo good to see him. I had a whole new appreciation for his vibrance and health. When he heard Kenny and I come in the back door, I heard a little voice say, "Mommy?! Daddy?!" He came running around the corner and literally jumped up in my arms. I just held him and bried my face in his shoulder and breathed him in. It felt so good. I handed him off to Kenny and wiped away tears just in time for Jen to wrap her arms around me and I started crying again. She assured me he could stay there as long as we needed him to and not to worry. That night as we were getting into bed Children's called us to let us know that Ava's little heart had sped into the 280's, a condition called 'Super Ventricular Tachycardia' or SVT. She said it was not life threatening but something to be concerned about. I felt the beginnings of a panic attack coming on and decided it would be best to take a sleeping pill. My mind was racing all over again.

No comments: