Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just venting...

If any other special needs mom's are reading this pleeeease don't get offended.  I just need to vent a little.  For some reason I was visiting some of the old yahoo groups where I spent a lot of my time in the early days after Ava's birth.  There were a lot of new faces on there, lots of great inspiring stories.  One of the things that stuck out was a lot of kiddos nowadays are recieving these cooling treatments soon after birth.  Basically minimalizing the brain damage.  Ava's birth injury was pretty severe, no breathing, no heartbeat, apgars of 0-3-3 (1 min, 5 min, 15 min) after birth.  I read some stories of kids who experienced the same level of injury as she did, but are now only classified as 'mildly brain damaged' as they are learning to crawl, walk, talk, and eat, all of the things I PRAY Ava will do someday.  SHe just seems a lot more severe than a lot of these kids:(  Again, if any of those moms are reading this, do not misconstrue what I am saying as I am very happy for you!  Just sad that my baby girl struggles so much. 

Well, Goodnight all.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

It pisses me off too that no one considered this treatment for our kids. How simple...an ice pack on their heads. Whoop-de-doo that's rocket science right there. @@ I know one lady whose kid got this after birth and she's doing SO well. Scooting around, they are talking about removing her gtube, and she uses sign language to communicate. Yeah she's disabled but at least she's not inhaling her secretions and laying there completely immobile. Vent away!

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Venting is a good thing... thank God we can vent.. doens't change things most of the time but it sure feels good to let it all out.
So vent away kiddo vent away..

Hugs
Mom T