Saturday, August 13, 2011

Monday, August 4, 2008

**HAD A MINOR SETBACK OVER THE WEEKEND, SOME SEIZURES**
Hey everyone! Just a quick update on Miss Ava. I received a call from Children's on sat morning that Ava had had an 'episode' during the night where her oxygen levels dropped and she looked post-seizure when the staff checked in on her. The following morning, my friend Vonnie called me and said she had done it again while she was holding her. She mentioned that they had a hard time getting her to respond. So I got some stuff together and headed to the hospital. When I arrived, the nurse was standing by her bedside stroking her little arm and kept checking her pupils. She described them as 'deviated and pinpoint' which is a telltale sign of a seizure. She was soooo out of it. I just breaks my heart to see her like this. They get her ready to move her back to the I.C.U. for better observation. Once we arrive in her room, I have to excuse myself as I feel I am going to lose it. I talked to our Pastor's wife and she reminded me that she's in the arms of Jesus and there is no better place to be. It helped me to re-focus and stay strong. When Kenny and I visited her Sunday night, she was a little fussy, kept crying in waves so her nurse gave her some pain meds in case her incision site was causing her some discomfort.
I should also mention that, based on what I've read about seizures, they can be brought on by any kind of pain or stress. So though this has been a set back, I'm not overly concerned at this point. I just feel that this surgery has taken a little bit of a tole on her system and it's just gonna take time. I pray God speed to her healing and that her pain and seizures would cease.

No comments: