Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday, January 10, 2009

To Aohdan & Ava, our two precious gifts from God.We, your Mommy & Daddy, would like to dedicate these letters to both of you. We wrote these letters to each other in December 2008 at a couples retreat called Weekend to Remember. It was such an awesome experience! These love letters are not only a tender moment we shared...they are a promise we to made to each other and the two of you!


_______________________________________
Dear Vicki,


When we first met I was not walking with the Lord.I did know something was different about you.I was attracted to your physical appearance.You looked good in your outfit, but not promiscuous.I liked the fact that you seemed strong and confident but not focused on yourself.I was “interested” in you from the first time I saw you.This was a significant change for me-something was different!Now that we are married and have spent a significant amount of time together, I understand a few of the things I love about you that God had obviously placed in you for me.I love your strength of heart, yet soft touch.I love your understanding in times of uncertainty.I love the fact that no matter what I do, you still love me.Even if you want to strangle me in my sleepJYou still love me.I love your faithfulness to me.Your unfailing commitment to make me happy.These things are all prayers in some way, shape or form that I asked God to place in my mate.They are all in YOU.Your differences have also helped me in many ways.For example, you are very good at putting together an event, raising children, or planning for a future item.This has inspired me to do the same.I wish for some of these same qualities to be in me.I also like your assertiveness in the business field.Unlike my more passive style this is a good quality to carry out for any future business.In my eyes the list is long of our differences, but they are good differences none the less.I wish to recommit our time to God and each other.This is not the first time we/I have made this commitment, but I wish to continually do this until it becomes a fundamental part of our lives.I wish for us to ALWAYS look to God first, then to each other second.Finally I pray that I will always see the face of God in you, even during times of disagreement.I do and will always love you!


Your loving husband,


Kenny

________________________________________
Dear Kenny,


When we first met I was most attracted to your kind heart, how you always thought of me first in everything you did, how you were always so protective, how enthusiastic you were about us spending time together and experiencing new things together and, as I would find out, your willingness to put yourself aside & allow God to lead your life.Since we’ve been together I have learned to appreciate your resourcefulness and attention to detail.I appreciate your love of being a father and playing an active role in the rearing of our children.And I appreciate your love of our Heavenly Father.The differences in ourselves have helped me to move from independence to interdependence.From impatience to patience.From living in bitterness to walking in grace.From anger to joy.And from trying to handle everything myself to learning to lean on God the Father.Starting today I am committing to love you and God more.I will accomplish this by learning to recognize ALL negative feelings about you or our marriage as an attempt by Satan to destroy what God has planned.Starting today I am committing myself to read. Study and meditate on the Word of God.Starting today I am committing to make prayer, God’s perfect weapon against Satan, the #1 priority in my life.Starting today I am committed to hold fast and cling to God in everything.Starting today I enthusiastically receive you as God’s gift from Him to me and to love you unconditionally, just as Jesus did for us.


All my love,


Vicki

No comments: