Saturday, August 13, 2011

Monday, October 20, 2008

*AVA HAD A VERY SPECIAL VISITOR THIS PAST WEEKEND!*
This past Saturday, October 18, a very special lady whom I'll just call 'Katherine' paid a visit to us. To give you all a little background, Katherine is an Anat Baniel Practitioner residing in Philadelphia, Pa. I found her during some self searching on the internet. For those of you who do not know about The Anat Baniel Method, you can read about it at:
www.anatbanielmethod.com
So anyway, I found this woman on the internet and we talked a few times about Ava and her motivation for becoming a practitioner (her own grand daughter was born with a brain abnormality) and we had planned on trying to get together sometime later in the year (this conversation took place back in May sometime). My plan had been to hold a fund raiser to pay for the therapy which is not covered by Medicaid or other traditional insurance. Though not extremely expensive, each session runs anywhere from $50-$100 per session and you typically do 6-12 sessions in a row. I quit communicating with her back in July because that is when Ava went into the hospital and, quite frankly, didn't expect to hear from her as she sounded quite busy with her practice in Philly. Unbeknowns to me, Katherine had been following Ava's story on this website and felt compelled to come and meet this little girl from Centerburg, Ohio. So she contacted me and expressed her interest in traveling from Philly to work with Ava in our home--FREE OF CHARGE! What a blessing! And she is hooking us up with other practioners so that we can continue this cutting edge therapy for Ava! We still plan on holding a fund raiser at some point to pay for things like this, but she was kind enough to start us off without asking for a dime. So Katherine, if you're reading this--thank you! I have never held a fund raiser, so if any of you have any ideas as to what kind of fund raiser may work I would be glad to hear any suggestions, as I have never done anything like this:) I would like to hold some type of fund raiser after the holidays, maybe in late January sometime.

By the way, I decided to post a really cute picture of Aohdan and I playing in the straw pit at Pigeon Roost Farm last weekend. We get so busy with Ava, that I really enjoy when we can take Aohdan out and spend an afternoon with him. He had soooo much fun!

No comments: