Saturday, August 13, 2011

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Conversation with Aohdan…



Considering everything going on in our lives, I have had a lot on my mind lately.Today was no different.Kenny and I found out yesterday that our home had been sold at a sheriff’s sale almost a month earlier and we had JUST found this out.So this morning I woke up with several things on my agenda to get done…Go look at a couple of rentals, return some things to the store, go grocery shopping…So after Ava’s nurse arrived at 8:00am, I decided to go ahead and wake up Aohdan and take him out to breakfast with my dad.He gets so excited when he gets to go see ‘Papa’ and I thought it would be a good distraction for me as well.So as I’m getting Aohdan and myself ready this morning, I’m carrying on a silent conversation with God about what we’re about to walk into, where are we going to live, can we afford it, on and on and on.So this is a conversation between Aohdan and I today.It lasted from about 8:30am this morning until Noon.



(On the way to breakfast)

Aohdan:“Mommy?”

Me:“Yes Aohdan”

Aohdan:“We pray Jesus mommy?”

Me:“You want to pray?”

Aohdan:“Yes.”

Me:“Okay baby, let’s pray…”

Aohdan:“I wub you Jesus!Ok mommy we go bye bye see Papa?!”

Me:[laughing] “Ok baby let’s go see Papa.”

Aohdan:“Mommy we get pancakes?”

Me:“Yes we can get pancakes.”

Aohdan:“Mommy we get eeeegggggs?!”

Me:“You want pancakes AND eggs?”

Aohdan:“Yes!”

Me:“Ok.”

Aohdan:“Mommy!?”

Me:“Yes Aohdan?”

Aohdan:“Mommy we wuv Jesus?”

Me:“Yes sweetie, we love Jesus very much.”

Aohdan:“Yes.”



(After having breakfast, heading to Delaware to look at a couple rentals)

Aohdan:“Mommy?”

Me:“Yes Aohdan.”

Aohdan:“I love Pancakes…I love eeeggggs…I love oats…THANK YOU JESUS!:

Me:[laughing]

Aohdan:[pointing up to the sky] “Mommy?Jesus up there?”

Me:“Well, yes, Jesus is everywhere honey.”

Aohdan:“Oh.Mommy play music, play Jesus!” he wanted to hear this gospel bluegrass song by Austin’s Bridge)

Me:“Ok sweetie.”[turning on the cd player]

Aohdan:[rocking back and forth in his car seat] “Clap mommy!Clap!”

Me:[trying to clap and drive at the same time] “Ok”



(Getting close to Delaware at this point)

Aohdan:“Mommy!We go see Jesus?!!!!”[he thinks Jesus lives at our church-lol]

Me:“You want to go see Jesus?”

Aohdan:“Yes Yes Yes!”

Me:“Ok.We’ll go see Jesus after mommy looks at some houses ok?”

Aohdan:“Ok….”[with a sad look on his face]



(after leaving the second rental property)

Aohdan:“Mommy?”

Me:“Yes Aohdan.”

Aohdan:“We go see Jesus nowwwwww?”

Me:“Ok sweetie, let’s go see Jesus.”[not thinking anyone would be at our church at 11am on a Thursday]



(pulling into our church parking lot I see 2 vehicles)

Aohdan:“Mommy!We go see Jeeeeessssssuuuuussssssss!”

Me:[how can you help but not smile at this]



So we walk into the front doors of our church and, so as not to scare anyone, I went to the church office first to let someone know we were there.I was greeted by Dorcas, whom I informed that Aohdan and I were here to visit Jesus.So she smiled and told us to have a good visit.So Aohdan and I walk up the long flight of stairs to the sanctuary, which was completely dark except for some light peeking in through the blinds, and walked up front.Aohdan just stood there looking up at the stage where the praise and worship band performs on Sunday morning.



Aohdan looks at me and says, “Mommy Jesus sleepin?”

Me:“No sweetie, Jesus isn’t sleeping.”

Aohdan:“Sit mommy sit!”[motioning me to sit beside him in the front row of chairs.

Aohdan:“Mommy, that Jesus up there.”[pointing to the cross]

Me:[I’m sitting there with tears in my eyes.]“No honey, Jesus isn’t there anymore.”

Aohdan:“Not there anymore?”

Me:“No baby.Jesus is with us all the time.”

Aohdan:“Oh!Ok Mommy!”



So, my goodness where do I start.I woke up today feeling kinda sorry for myself and here’s my 3 year old who absolutely idolizes Jesus putting my mind back where it should be.

No comments: